Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge Week 6

**You definitely have to click on the photos to see closer...I didn't know they were going to be so small!!**

Welcome to my new blog! It is still under construction...so its not at full potential yet-but hopefully soon! My other blog was a typepad blog. I did a little research on HTML and all of that good stuff, figured out how to make my free blog site, how I wanted it and not just a template from their library. Every penny saved counts right? Now I just have to figure out how to get my other information onto this blog-maybe I can't, I am not sure. ANYWHO...My "first" post is for Dawn McVey's color challenge-Week 6...I missed the last couple, so was super excited to get this one done. I guess I am cutting it a little close-better late than never!

I am going to visit my cousin in North Carolina, with my mom (and Peyton of course) for the holiday weekend. My cousin sent me some pictures and asked me to make her a scrapbook. Now, one whole year later, I think I am going to finish in time to take up there with me. I think this will be the first and last scrapbook I make for someone else. If you haven't ever made a scrapbook, with someone elses pictures, it is SUPER hard to do! I didn't ever realize it until I did this, but when you are scrapbooking your own photos, you remeber what was going on at that moment, and you get inspiration to design a page....but when you have photos that you weren't there for, you can't journal them...you just have a to leave a space and its just plain hard to design a page for a photo that you have no part of, do you know what I am saying?
That was long winded, but anyway, I wanted to make my cousin a little thank you gift for having us stay with her for the weekend. So, using Dawn's color inpiration was a perfect opportunity for me to do that! Here is what I came up with...

Here is a shot of both the card and the gift

One of the just the card...

Just the gift...

And a close up of the frame...


I made some bigger versions of these for my mom and mother in law for Mother's Day. They are really fun to make and they look really great in a matted frame. Not too bad of a gift...I had all of the materials, just went to Home Goods and bought a $6 frame! I'll be posting pictures of the Mother's day versions hopefully later today.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI Polkadot Basics, PTI Beyond Basic Borders, SU! Cute and Curly, SU! Season of Friendship
Inks: SU! Chocolate Chip, SU! Cameo Coral, PTI Aqua Mist, SU! White Craft
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, PTI White, PTI Polka Dot Paper, SU! Chocolate Chip, SU! misc. retired DSP
Accessories and other stuff: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Misc. dies, SU! Heart die, SU! Sans serif alpha die, SU! hardware, SU! White 1/4" grosgrain, rhinstones, SU! Star die, SU! p
unches, misc. buttons

Just wanted to share a picture of Peyton...I got a new camera, Nikon D60 to be exact!! Worth EVERY PENNY!! This is a cute one....eating green and yellow M&M's at a baseball game.



10 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

I REALLY REALLY LOVE the frame! OMG it is so cute.

Erika said...

that frame is SO cute!! Great job with the color combo!!!!

BethieJ said...

WOW! I LOVE that frame! and the card is cute too!! Great job!! What a sweet photo.. love them M & Ms!! :)

Winter said...

Oh, how cute! Congrats on top pick!

Anthonette said...

Awesome job with the frame and card! I just LOVE it. Congrats on making Dawn's roundup!

Welcome to the blogosphere! I want to see more of your creations.

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Nice work! Love your frame!! And the card!! Congtatulations on being in the Spotlight! You deserve it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Congrats on being in the top picks!!

Ali Manning said...

I love your frame and card. And congrats on being in the Raspberry Suite spotlight!!

Paula Pascual said...

Wow, and well deserved spotlight!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love that frame. What a great gift!