Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thank you, Teacher.

So, I am totally slacking getting my blog updated. I know once its done, its done, but its just like there are so many things I want to do, but so little time to do it. Anyway, I really wanted to make something special for my stepson's 5th grade teacher...she deserves it. If I had a classroom full of kids like my stepson...well...I don't think I could do it. I know, I know, it sounds horrible, but if you don't have step kids, specially ones that you don't get along with all that great....yeah....she really deserves it! So I wanted to make her a stationary kit. One that she could set notes home to the parents without having to write on a post it or something! I was walking thru Michaels one day and saw the COOLEST CUTEST new K&Company collection, I mean it was IRRESISTIBLE! So, I had to have it....(I kept the flash off for some of the pictures...won't do that again..You know, its crazy, I am looking for the "official" name of this and can't find it, but its Carolyn Gavin and it is just the CUUUUUTTTIIISSTT! Love it.
I started with Lauren Meader's Timeless Template All Boxed Up, but decided to add my own little twist. Again, sorry some of the pics are so yellow, I turned the flash off. I had some extra raw chip board from Stampin' Up! I had from an album class I had around the holidays, so I thought it was the perfect size and sturdiness for the stationary box I wanted to make.

Here is a side shot...don't mind the orange and brown dotted paper, that was on the chipboard already, I was covered that up. I did a lot of compromising as I went along! I covered the inside with the cool K&Company Paper.

Ok, so for the side pouch, I wanted to have an open/close type of flap for the envelopes, so I combined 2 of the side pockets....piece of cake.....

Heres a shot of the side done....

Now for the other side...I used the pocket template again...but sort of...just flattened it. I printed "From the Desk of...." off of the computer, stamped over it...cut...and Whala! I thought it came out pretty nice, something I think I would totally appreciate getting as a gift.
Here are the rest of the shots. Open shot.

Close up of left side...

To Open/Close.

The Cover.

So, thats it! I think if it wasn't so last minute, there would have been some things I would have done differently, but isn't that they way with everything?

Thanks for checking it out!











Stamps: K&Company Carolyn Gavin (Eco-Series)
Inks: All PTI
Papers: Design Paper (K&Co.) Solid Papers (PTI)
Accessories: Misc. Rhinstones, K&Co. Carolyn Gavin Rhinestones, PTI Linen Thread, Double Sided Super Sticky Tape (SU!), misc. eyelets, crop-a-dile, raw chip board, My Timeless Templates, computer, printer, SU! Ribbon

No comments: