Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday...Happy Flag Day, was my cousin Erinn's birthday! Happy Birthday Erinn! So I made her a card...mailing it out a day late. Sorry Erinn. Her house has lots of patriotic country decor items-LOVE IT. I think its an up north thing...but I thought this card would suit her taste well. Countryish and Patriotic right?

I used PTI's new linen twine and a needle to stitch along the edges of the card to give it a little bit more of a rustic look. It was a little longer of a process, but was worth it. Here is another shot a little bit closer. I am not sure if you can tell or not, but I also used the Background Basics:Text Style in PTI Chai. I had crumpled up the Pure Poppy paper...used the Chai/Chamomile combo along the edges, then took the text in the Chai and stamped it over the crumpled up paper in Chai, actually a couple of times. It really soaks up once it dries.

Here is a shot of what I added on the inside of the card. I am really diggin' the Star prints set. I LOVE it! The fonts are really great. I know I keep saying that, but I don't care!

Thanks for looking!










Stamps: PTI Star Prints and Fancy Flourishes
Inks: SU! Not Quite Navy, Red Riding Hood, PTI Chai & Chamomile
Paper: All PTI, Kraft, Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy
Accessories: PTI Linen Rustric Cream Linen Thread, needle, PTI Vintage Buttons, Fiskers Twinkle Twinkle Punch, Paper Piercer, Edge Distressor, Pop Dots

No comments: